This post stems from my Resolution Update post a little bit, and I actually only started typing this out for myself, with no intention to share it, but rather just to sort out my own thoughts. But then I thought I'd try something a little different share it with you all!
I read an article recently about discovering your "why" when it comes to losing weight/getting fit. That if you can determine why you're doing it, it helps you stay on track. People often give vague answers like "to be healthier" which yes, is incredibly important, but if you have specific goals or motivators in mind, it will help you stay committed.
And while this post may seem a little off topic, it does relate to personal style, because there are things I feel like I can't wear or a lot of shapes and silhouettes I stick to because they cover up the parts of me I'm a little insecure about. A lot of these sound silly, I realize this, and obviously our overall health is the most important reason for any of us to exercise & eat right, but just for fun, here are a few of my other (more superficial) why's that help keep me motivated:
1. To wear bright/fun yoga pants. (Like these!) I stick to black and it's because I'm self conscious. My hot yoga classes are filled with girls wearing super fun printed yoga pants and I want to be one of them.
2. To thoroughly enjoy being at the beach. To say yes to any invite to go swimming/tubing/beaching this summer without worrying who might be there to see me in my swim suit.
3. To wear shorts in the summer without feeling like my thighs are exploding out of the bottom. I want to feel comfortable wearing a pair of denim cut offs on a hot summer day.
4. To wear white/light colored denim - something I currently love but is one of my biggest fitting room cringe-inducers.
5. To fit back into the large number of beautiful items I have hanging in my closet that don't quite fit anymore. My wardrobe will literally double if I can shed this extra weight, without even having to buy anything new!
So there you have it. This post is certainly not meant to be a downer post about my insecurities, but more just for fun and to give some insight as to what is keeping me on track with my goals! I think most girls, regardless of size, shape, weight or fitness level, have things they're insecure about or frivolous little goals like these in the back of their minds.
So this is what I'm going to think about on those days I feel like giving up! Feel free to share what motivates you in the comments! I'd love to hear!